ACE educates, inspires and supports young people to lead the fight for their future. We ensure they have everything they need to understand the science and advocate for solutions to the climate emergency.
We envision a world in which a global movement, rich in youth leadership, has turned the tide on climate change. We believe an equitable, biodiverse, carbon-neutral future is still within reach if we, the people, compel our leaders to act.
The Head of Campaigns and Civic Engagement is responsible for leading the organization’s vision for its national and state-based campaign work, and civic engagement activities. ACE’s campaign work includes the strategic focus areas of: 1) climate education and storytelling to shift the public narrative, 2) civic engagement to increase youth participation in our democracy, and 3) climate advocacy to end the era of fossil fuels and usher in a new renewable energy future.
This position is a key senior leadership position, overseeing two directors and their teams, and supporting the day-to-day implementation of related programs in partnership with the Head of Growth and Strategy, Head of Education and Storytelling, Campaign Director, and Civic Engagement Director.
- Oversee all aspects of ACE’s movement positioning and movement building work across all campaigns and civic engagement initiatives, including supporting ACE-led and partner-led coalitions.
- Develop and manage strategic campaigns and digital engagement initiatives for ACE’s members, including working closely with the Chief Growth Officer, Campaign Director, Civic Engagement Director, and Head of Education and Storytelling
- Directly manage, coach and mentor the Campaign Director and Civic Engagement Director to support their growth and development
- Manage complex national and state budgets, and ensure grant deliverables are met or exceeded, and within budget.
- Leads strategy development for campaigns, civic engagement and related movement building work at the organization.
- Oversees and leads the strategy and implementation for all aspects of ACE’s civic engagement work and campaign work nationally, and in ACE’s key states of: AZ, GA, FL, MI, OH, NC, NV, PA, and WI.
- Analyzes, interprets, and develops solutions for complex policy issues that impact the organization, and works to influence public policy that benefits the organization.
- Works closely with internal Campaigns and Digital Engagement Team, Data, Technology and Evaluation Team, Civic Engagement Team, Executive Team, and the Education and Storytelling Team to ensure close collaboration and clear and consistent communication across the organization.
- Develops and maintains effective and productive relationships with vendors, business partnerships, relevant key stakeholders, educational institutions, governmental agencies, and other organizations.
- Assists with organizational involvement in movement moments and events.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience in the fields of climate justice campaigning and advocacy, civic engagement, public policy, democracy, or other social justice work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
Annual salary range: $120,000-$140,000 commensurate with experience
Generous benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Paid Parental Leave, Flexible Work Schedule, Vacation, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time, and 12 observed holidays
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
Location: Remote (May require occasional travel once it is safe)
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Head of Campaigns and Civic Engagement” in the subject line. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion and views the climate crisis as a social justice crisis. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), people who experience gender oppression, people with disabilities, and people who identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community are particularly encouraged to apply.