The countdown for getting Final Weigh-Ins submitted for ACE’s Biggest Loser: Energy competition is officially on. What better way to close out the competition on a strong note than to crank out a few super awesome, super original Bonus Projects?
We in ACE Head Quarters had a great time making these celebrity Shut ‘Em Down posters (click to download your own copies!) to hang over lights to remind people to shut ‘em down when they leave the room. In fact,we had such a good time making them that we wanted to pass along our secrets to you. Read on for the step by step down low on how to make these posters.
1. Find a picture of your favorite celebrity (or athlete, or teacher, or anybody really).
2. Open up a new Microsoft Word document.
3. Insert the picture into the document. To resize the image, hold down the “shift” key and drag the corners of the picture until it’s the right size.
4. Once the picture is the correct size, add text saying “Shut ‘Em Down” above the image. To do this, go to “insert — textbox.” Play around with the font size and color until you find one you like.
5. Optional: add in your Action Team’s logo to the bottom.
6. Once your poster is created and beautiful, save it and print it off.
7. Optional: draw a square around the person on the poster’s nose. Then, neatly cut it out.
8. Tape over light switch and BAM you made your own Shut ‘Em Down sign!
Check out our Facebook wall for ACE student originals and add your own. Poster making not your thing? No worries! We have even more Bonus Project ideas, such as throwing a Power Down day or Instgramming photos of your friends unplugging energy vampires.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.